Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Disney Store - Save or Splurge?

When I started planning our first trip as a family of six I assumed (incorrectly) that shopping at the Disney Store was far too expensive. I thought that I would save money by shopping for souvenirs at big box stores like Walmart or Target. I couldn't have been more wrong! One fateful evening the Bestie and I entered the Disney Store in our local mall and it was all I could do not to buy everything on sale. I walked away with over $60 in savings on a $100 purchase. That's right, I spent about $40 on $100 worth of Jake and the Neverland Pirates merchandise for DD3 (she is slightly obsessed with this show and her birthday is just weeks before our big vacation!).

Some of the amazing deals I've taken advantage of:
  • BOGO for $1 - plush toys
  • Buy 2 or more playsets - $10 each (savings of $2.95 each)
  • Buy 2 or more tees - $10 each (savings of $2.95-$4.95 each)
  • 25% off entire purchase (above and beyond the above-mentioned deals!)
  • Free Shipping on $75+ Orders (savings of $9.95+)

UPDATE: New sale today 2/18/15 - Kids' tees for $8 each and adult's tees $12! 



My current order would cost $180 without the savings codes offered but instead, I'll be paying $110! More later on the souvenirs I've picked for our kiddos, ages 2-7 years old!

UPDATE: After placing my order with a ton of savings, I popped into my local Disney Store. I noticed that the Buy 2 or more tees-$10 each deal was much better in-store! In-store was offering each tee at $8, no minimums. After discussing this recent purchase with a Cast Member, the manager said that if I bring my receipt in within 10 days of receiving my order, they'd be able to refund the difference. I will update again with more to let you know how that works out.

Pop over to What We're Wearing at the Parks to see some of my purchases! What are your can't-live-without-it Disney purchases?

No comments:

Post a Comment